Thank you for being my auntie and my friend, Auntie Darling! Miss you and love you so much!
Monday, August 16, 2010
Blast From The Past - My Auntie, My Friend
It is crazy hard for me to believe that 8 years have flown by since I said goodbye to my dear Aunt Darlene, but that's exactly what has happened...8 years have gone by in the blink of an eye. I wish I could say that I still think about her every single and solitary day, but truthfully with the busyness of my life, sometimes I don't. But I do think of her very often, and when I do, I remember what an important person she was to me. She really, really loved me. She cared about me, she listened to me, she built me up, she championed me. I was very special to her and she was very, very special to me. I loved her. Alot. I miss her. Alot. I wish so much that she could see me be a mom and know my boys. I know she would get a kick out of my babies and the crazy shenanigans I find myself in with the three of them. Of course she knew Chaddy, (since Chad and I have known each other since the dawn of time practically), and she loved him too. She was always rooting for him over the many, many, many other boys I brought around. (Okay, not many many many, but maybe more than a couple.) I'm so glad that we were able to tell her that we were getting married before she wouldn't have been able to understand. She ferociously battled breast cancer for 12 years, and I am serious when I say ferociously. She fought it with a vengeance. So much so that she lived 12 years after she was only given a 6 month prognosis. I miss her like crazy and will always, always think about her with the fondest memories.


Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



1 comment:
Auntie Darling may be gone, but will never be forgotten.
Post a Comment