Friday, June 12, 2009

The Tooth Fairy's Debut

Cole had a loose tooth for months and months, and it finally came out on June 4th! And by "came out", I mean it was pulled out, by me. (Cole helped by wiggling it a lot...I don't mean to imply that I extracted his tooth with reckless abandon...although it was a thought.) I was so excited for Cole to lose his first tooth! I remember what a thrill it was for me when I was little, and I couldn't wait for him to experience it. He was very excited to put his tooth in his little porcelain tooth holder and hide it under his pillow in anticipation of the Tooth Fairy. He was so sure that the Tooth Fairy was going to bring him a Lego kit, even though I reiterated to him that she brings money - not toys. So he woke up to find glittery coins (painted with sparkly nail polish...true Tooth Fairy style), a certificate documenting the momentus occasion, and a light-up Spiderman tooth brush. Daddy and I decided to get him a Lego kit as a special "first tooth" gift from us (and by "Daddy and I", I mean me. Chad thought it was a bit overboard) so that he wouldn't be disappointed in his first tooth-losing experience. The day after his tooth came out, I asked him how it felt. His reply was, "Pretty different. But not too different." And that is Cole's communication style in a nutshell.
Right after it happened! I love this face!

His new smile!

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Love the sparkly nail polish idea.

Rebecca said...

What a cutie... and geesh! You're such a cool mom. Love your sparkly nail polish idea too!

Karlynn Moller Rossetti said...

YAY Cole!! What a big boy!!! Crazy that he's old enough to have lost a tooth already! You're lucky that he lost it on his own. I have a feeling that Kahina's first lost tooth won't be as a result of it being 'loose for months and months'. I have a sneaking suspicion that it'll be because she smacks her face on something harder than her head/mouth. That's my girl. You *ARE* a cool mom! I love your nail polish on the coin idea! I mean...the tooth fairy is a fairy afterall! She *WOULD* leave some fairy dust on the coins, duh! Love it!!!!