Saturday, May 26, 2012

Scavenger Hunt Sunday - Park Hopping Edition

Hello, Friends.  All of my Scavenger Hunt pictures were taken today at various parks in our area.  We had a beautiful, sunshine-filled day, so we hit up our favorite hot spots.  "We" includes myself, one husband that likes to get dirty, three boys that like to get dirty, and one little dog that likes to get dirty.  Let it be said that I do not like to get dirty.  Nor do I like other people to get dirty, especially if I have to clean said people, and said peoples' clothing.  I do not like my dog to get dirty.  No dirt.  No dirt of any kind.  Are you feeling me on this?  Needless to say, everyone got very, very dirty today.  Except me.

underneath my feet

conquering fear
The first picture is from the first park we visited.  Caden was too afraid to go down the slide, so he got stuck midway and Daddy had to rescue him.  The last two pictures are from the last park.  I'd say he conquered his fears...and he got dirty.

movement



currently
Currently my favorite little nugget in the entire world.  This was before he got dirty.  I should also mention that I just bathed him LAST NIGHT.  Dirt everywhere today.  I'm still not over it.

texture
I am not usually a fan of texture on my pictures.  I like it when other people use it, but for some reason I never think it looks quite right on mine.  But for the sake of SHS, here is my attempt at a texturized picture.  And I am being completely serious when I tell you that I used a texture called Dirty Loving.  It's true!

I also want to note that I edited these photos on my laptop, which tends to look a little washed out compared to my real monitor, so hopefully my editing won't make the pictures look crazy nuclear bright on your screens!

Join the fun next week, friends.  You know you want to.
Happy Jax
Sweet Shot Tuesday with Kent Weakley

40 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my photography blog Holly and for saying such nice things! I always like to meet new blog friends and comments are often what lead us together. I'm anxious to browse around your blog and look at your photos too! I have participated in the Scavenger Hunt before, but it's been some time. I'll have to do that before long!

rachel said...

I love these and I am with you 100% on the dirty. Why do boys insist on is? seriously??

trulymegs said...

Wow! These are so great, I can't pick a favorite! I love beneath your feet. It is so dreamy! I am very much like you, I don't like to get dirty at all, but those face your fear photos look kind of fun. And I love your movement with the blurry trees. And your pup is quite adorable! Basically I love them all!

Unknown said...

They look great on my screen...Such fun. Your pooch is adorable. LOVE "underneath my feet" It has such a vintage feel to it.

Melanie said...

OHHH! Holly... these are ALL fantastic... but I have to give you mad props mama for that "mud slide cutie" pics! Lol.... those are priceless. LOVE them SOOOO! He must have had a blast! I don't even want to know how that car ride home was. Lol)

What a perfect day!

Amanda said...

Love all these pictures! The texture looks great. I can't believe all that mud! Now I know what you mean about saying they all got dirty. Glad everyone had fun, though. Your first picture is gorgeous, btw.

Yolanda Ronaldo said...

don't worry, your texture looks great!

HI Carter said...

LOVE your whole set! Looks like you guys had so much fun:-) Cute shoes in the first one and the whole picture is really sweet. Really like your texture shot. Honestly not sure if there is a favorite!

Anonymous said...

These are great! Is that seriously mud at the end of the slide? you're such a cool mom to let your kids go crazy like that! :D And your pup is darling, Pugs are the only small dog I would ever want to have. I love the way they snore!
Oh- and I love your yellow shoes! So cute!

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh! I love the ones of your boys getting all dirty!

Anonymous said...

I love your perspectives this week! Lovely set! :)

Chicken Licken said...

I love the contrast of your gorgeous girly shoes in the first shot with your muddy boys in the others! Boy I'm glad I have 3 girls and only the 1 boy! He gets drty enough so I can't imagine having 3!!!

Tamar SB said...

These are all amazing!! Love that Caden conquered his fear!!

Brandi said...

I love the feet and texture! And I can relate to the mud!

Unknown said...

Once again you amaze me!
Nice set here lady - dirt and all!

Karen said...

It looks like you had a wonderful time! Your photos are great. It's hard to believe your Beneath Your Feet photo took place while all of the other activity was going on...it looks so peaceful! Hopefully all of the dirt is gone by now.

Deanna said...

Oh how fun...these are all just great. And the texture is perfect...face your fears (giggle)

Mary Gene Atwood said...

Beautiful set. The first one is dreamy! Love the action shots as well. Have a great weekend.

Nicki said...

definitely 'feeling ya' on the whole dirty thing. Love your motion shots - especially the one out the window.

tiarastantrums said...

love your toesies! ANd, yes, I can't stand when my kiddos get dirty! I sort of freak out a bit - OCD in me I say - I do not like dirt! Those photos of the puddles- would NEVER HAPPEN with me!

Point & Shoot said...

great set. The first and last are my faves.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous set! I feel you on the dirty! I have 3 boys, too! Oh goodness they do love the mud and dirt and all that goes with it!

Ashley Sisk said...

These are pretty spectacular - I'm in love with that first shot.

Ida said...

It's a wonderful set. Filled with life and laughter. So glad the little one conquered the fear of the slide.
Your last shot is really lovely and not at all nuclear on my screen.

Anonymous said...

Yes. Great pictures this week again. The boys make great subjects as well as a loved pet. As always Thanks.

{Shannon} said...

Those shoes are FANTABULOUS... as is the photo of them! These are all just great! So glad I found your blog....

diane said...

I love all of your shots! Can't pick a favorite ..... well, maybe your little "nugget"... :-D

Serline said...

The processing of your first image is beautiful. Love those shots of your boys having a great fantastic fun time. Have a great week!

Kay Rhodes said...

Oh my...what gorgeous photos!!!And when you said dirty, you meant it. My favorite is the 3 boys jumping in the water, what a great shot!!!!! What fun... There's nothing wrong with dirt!!!!! They look like they had a ball. Thanks for your comments on my blog, I appreciate it.

Brooke said...

I'm totally with you on the dirt! I would be a bit distract! But, you got some hood shots at least! Hee

Shannon said...

Love these! So creavtive and candid!

Michelle said...

Holly, these are fabulous! I love the candid capture of them in the dirt, your texture work (beautiful), and your dog with the words you added about "still not being over it." Lol...I can so relate to that! :)

Gina Kleinworth said...

I'm totally feeling you on the dirt. I am the same way- avoid it at all costs.

Love your first shot- those espadrilles are so cute.

Sarah said...

Love the entire set, but that first one is so lush and warm!! Wonderful!!

Karen @ Pieces of Contentment said...

Wonderful captures. I can relate on not wanting to get dirty. Looks like you and your camera stayed clean and dry. The dirt on the others, and their clothing, will wash away and you will all have the memories of the great fun that was had this day for years to come.

Candace Chitwood said...

Crazy boys! I love the pics the first one is beautiful.

Leovi said...

Nice pictures full of happiness and lots of action, good shots. Greetings.

betty-NZ said...

They look happy and, isn't that the point!!

Melanie said...

P/S Holly... thanks SO much for linking up mama! SO happy to have you!

Cropped Stories said...

That underneath my feet shot is stunning! I love the dreamy feel to it! Great perspective and composition too!